COMMON MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST (CMAT-2021)
COMMON MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST (CMAT-2021)
Every year National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts CMAT for the students seeking management degrees. More than 1000 participating institutions accept the CMAT score in India. Candidates are required to apply separately with their CMAT score to the desired participating institute. The institute will release their respective cut-off CMAT score. A candidate must meet this qualified score to get admitted to that institute. Though, the shortlisted candidate may need to go through a selection process set by individual institutes. Generally, the selection process includes a Group Discussion and Personal interview. However, in some cases, it could also ask for a presentation. The final selection of the candidate will be on his/her performance in the above selection process. A candidate may check the respective website of the participating institutions to know more about the selection process defined by that institute.
Where to apply for CMAT 2021?
A candidate should visit https://cmat.nta.nic.in to apply for the CMAT exam. The entire process of filling up an application form is online. NTA does not accept any other way of submission of application. A candidate can submit only one application. If a candidate applies more than once, the NTA will reject all submitted forms.
You may keep checking the above website for the latest information and Gazette notification for CMAT-2021.
Process of Filling up Online Application
Before you start filling up the online application form, kindly do the following:
- Download the information bulletin provided on the NTA website mentioned above.
- Read the information bulletin carefully.
- A computer with consistent internet connectivity is required to fill the online application form.
- Make a folder on the desktop where you can keep all soft copy of documents required to be uploaded. It will be easy for you to access while uploading. Kindly keep in mind the accepted size of all needed documents.
- A candidate must keep all qualified documents handy with him.
- Ready with a scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb)
- Keep a scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb)
- You should have a valid mail Id as you will receive all communication on this mail Id only. Make sure to set your recovery information in the mail so that in case you forget the password, you can recover it without any problems. You may also note down the details of your mail Id and password in a safe place.
- Have a valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number. Any working mobile will sort the purpose.
- A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account for ONLINE payment
- If a printer is attached to the computer, it is good else you can save the filled-in form in pdf format also and later can take a print of the same from the outside.
Note: You will not be allowed to make any corrections at a later stage after the submission of an application. NTA will not accept any change through offline mode through fax/application, e-mail, etc.
Steps to fill the online application form
Step 1: Fill in the online Application Form and Note down the system generated Application Number.
Step 2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Passport size Photograph (between 10 kb– 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4kb – 30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step 3: Make a payment of fee using Credit/Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI, PAYTM, and download the receipt and keep it safe.
Step 4: Print at least four printouts of the Confirmation Page after successful remittance of the fee
Step 5: Choose the city for giving the examination CMAT-2020
Note: All the 5 Steps can be done together or separately also
All the candidates who have submitted the online application and paid the examination fee until the last date can appear in CMAT-2021. Their admit cards will be available on the website as per the schedule.
The medium of Question Paper is English only.
|Type of Questions||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
- Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
- For each correct response, the candidate will get 04 (four) marks.
- For each incorrect response, 01 (one) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- To answer a question, the candidates need to choose one option corresponding to the correct option.
- However, after the process of challenges of the key, if more than one option is found to be correct then the multiple correct options will be given the four marks (+4). Any incorrect option marked will be given the minus one mark (-1). Un-answered/un-attempted will be given no marks. In case, a question is dropped/ignored, all candidates will be given four marks (+4) irrespective of the fact whether the question has been attempted or not attempted by the candidate.
CMAT Exam Day Guidelines
A candidate may prepare well for the CMAT exam, but he/she is not well prepared for the exam day then it might ruin his/her entire efforts.
Here are some bits of advice for the exam day:
- A day before the exam, check the address of the center. Estimate the traveling time to reach the center so that you can prepare a schedule for the exam day.
- Make sure your vehicle is fit and have enough fuel. Keep an alternate in mind in case you face any issues in the morning.
- Start early from home so that you do not panic in case of any traffic jams.
- As digital, scanned or photocopy of the admit card is not a valid document at the test center, you should carry a colored printout of the CMAT admit card.
- Kindly mind the time and reach the exam center at least an hour before the reporting time.
- Do not carry any valuables or electronic items as it is not allowed. You may even wear slippers because sometimes at the center the shoes are not allowed. Do not wear even a watch.
- Check your pockets. It should not have any objectionable papers, objects.
- Do not carry a water bottle also.
Some FAQS regarding the CMAT exam
- What is the eligibility to appear for the CMAT exam?
- Any candidate who has scored passing marks in his graduate, can appear for CMAT.
- Is there any age restriction for appearing in CMAT?
- As eligibility criteria are graduation, a candidate’s minimum age should be 20. However, there is no maximum age.
- What is the mode of conduction of CMAT? Online or offline or both
- The CMAT is conducted in an onlinemode only. However, you may get a test city as per your choice and availability. A candidate can choose the desired test center out of a list provided while filling up the online application form.
- How many times the CMAT exam is conducted in a year?
- The exam is conducted once in a year, in January.
- Will I receive my results by post?
- No, the results are declared online only on the official site of NTA (https://cmat.nta.nic.in).
- Can I apply for re totaling or revaluation of my answer sheets?
- No, there is no provision for this.
- If I miss the CMAT exam, is there any way to get admitted to the MBA program without CMAT?
- Yes, there are few colleges, which can admit you to their MBA program without a CMAT score too. One of the colleges is Poddar Management and Technical Campus, Jaipur that is an AICTE approved college and affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University, Kota.The admission is also available under the management quota provided by RTU. The college offers MBA in dual specialization in Finance, Marketing, HR, IT, and PoM.