Faculty of Science
Science is the study of the environment and behaviour of natural things and the facts that we obtain about them. Science is a precise branch of science such as Physics, Chemistry, or Biology. In other words, it refers to any organized knowledge or practice that is attained through logical method and investigation. Science has been one of the most popular streams of study amongst students. It’s the stream leading up to popular courses including Engineering, Medicine, and Allied disciplines. Science is the spine of human survival. No one could underestimate the scope of science in today’s world.
Science department of any college serves its best efforts in providing the best of Science education to our future youth to have a bright career in this field. A college with best Science department has all the required facilities to comfort their students and to help them in their studies such as
– Highly qualified faculties
– Well equipped and clean laboratories
– Well developed classrooms
– Good libraries with complete study materials etc.
The aims of the teaching and study of sciences are to encourage and enable students to-
- Develop curious minds and interest about science and the natural world.
- Procure knowledge, conceptual understanding and skills to solve problems and make informed decisions in scientific and other contexts.
- Understanding the international nature of science and the interdependence of science, technology and society.
- Appreciate the benefits and limitations of science and its application in technological developments.
- Think analytically, critically and creatively to solve problems.
- To prepare the youth for future upcoming.
The objectives to study science defines what students should be able to do by the end of course-
- Develop an understanding of scientific concepts.
- Develop the ability to apply facts and ideas to solve problems.
- Pose questions and design experiments or investigations to answer them.
- Know the discoveries of modern technologies.
- To understand the limitations and to aware the harm due to misuses
Science as a discipline is huge and making a career in this field is really exciting. India has a number of top science colleges spread across the extent of the country. At school level, Science as a discipline includes several subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics etc. At college education in sciences includes many more such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Zoology, Biotechnology, Computers etc.
Science students can also select to take up further studies in pure sciences or applied sciences at Graduation and Post-Graduation levels. There are numerous professional courses that require science at 10+2 level.
Sole of the major benefits that only Science students have over Arts and Commerce student is that they are entitled for almost all Science as well as Non-Science career options, which is not the situation with Arts and Commerce students. After passing 10+2 in Science, course selection at UG level becomes a major turning point in a student’s career. Therefore, it must be decided after gathering all the information with good understanding of the course you are opting for.