Department of IT/Computer Science
Computer or computer science is the study of computers and computational systems. Computer programmes have all but infiltrated every aspect of our lives. It is a discipline that spans theory and practice. Nowadays, practically everyone is a computer user but need is only to get advance knowledge about each and every aspect of the computer in order to get the best-salaried job and for making a great career in this field. This can only be possible when we choose the best college with well-equipped computer labs and having great faculties.
The aims of the Computer and Information Technology Department are to prepare students for graduate teaching in some explicit area of computer science, to prepare students for jobs in manufacturing business or government, and to provide support courses for students in engineering, mathematics and other grounds requiring computer skills.
After the successful completion of the courses of computer sciences students will be able to:
- Exhibit extensive knowledge in the discipline of computer science.
- Exhibit understanding of modern software engineering principles.
- Demonstrate the expertise in analyzing the intricate problems and deriving the solution to those problems.
- Possess proficiency in at least two high-level programming languages and two operating systems.
A computer department’s intention is to create, share and apply knowledge in computer science, including interdisciplinary areas that extends the opportunities in computer science and benefits humankind by educating the students to become successful, virtuous and efficient problem solvers and life-long learners who will add positively towards the well-being of our region and nation and who would also be prepared to handle complex challenges and tasks which are already present in the real world.
An institution provides various programs in order to educate different level of students:
- Undergraduate Programs: The objectives of our undergraduate programs are:
- To teach students how to practice computers efficiently, productively and wisely.
- To teach computer science as a multidimensional, humanistic discipline for solving the problems.
- Offer up to date course in the technical and scientific knowledge required for the professional and academic goals of our undergraduates.
- Encourage and join the other interdisciplinary undergraduate opportunity.
- Graduate Programs: The objectives of graduate programs are:
- To offer a graduate curriculum that is highly flexible and emphasizes in Intelligent Systems.
- To motivate and participate in other interdisciplinary graduate opportunities available in the outside world.
- To teach our students how to extend the frontiers of computer science knowledge.
- To support high-quality faculty research programs.
- Increase the size and quality of our graduate student body.
Graduate programs available are BCA etc.
- Postgraduate Programs: There are postgraduate programs also available in our institute as M.Sc.-IT etc.