Department of Media
The world has observed a remarkable and extraordinary explosion in communication technology and media. Mass-communication, as a stream of study, and as a career becomes so important and privileged.
Mass – communication is not restricted to journalism alone. To a great extent mass media is a modern reality which covers all phases of human life. Careers in Mass-communication are not only high paying but also bring in a great deal of job satisfaction and expression of creativity.
Mass- communication is not restricted to journalism alone. To a great extent mass media is a modern reality which covers all phases of human life. Careers in Mass-communication are not only high paying but also bring in a great deal of job satisfaction and expression of creativity.
- To offer students a complete view of media and its various streams.
- To convey practical and theoretical knowledge about different fields of journalism.
- To provide media industry well-presented and professional journalists.
- To develop multi-tasking skills required in the vibrant multi-media and convergent environment.
- To make students universally competent by introducing them to the challenges faced by the modern world.
The students of mass- communication and journalism course can look forward to working in public relations, television, publishing, films, journalism, editing, direction, etc. The job requires the aspirants to be skilful, energetic and also creative.
The communication journalism Department is committed to providing undergraduate students with a quality education in the communication journalism disciplines that is current, relevant, practical, and personal. The Department’s goals include enabling students who graduate to be able to compete successfully for positions at graduate schools countrywide. Another Departmental goal is that students who graduate in communication and journalism will be prepared for entry-level positions as experts within communication, journalism and related fields.
- POST GRADUATE COURSE: It includes Masters of Arts (M.A) degree course. M.A journalism and mass-communication give training to the students in both technical skills and critical analysis of the media spectrum. It is a postgraduate course with 2-year of duration from the University of Rajasthan.
- Graduation Course: It includes 3 years B.Voc. in in journalism and mass communication from RiSU.
- DIPLOMA COURSE: It includes a 1-year diploma course in journalism and mass communication from RiSU.