Master of Commerce
Master of Commerce is a postgraduate master’s degree which is awarded after successful completion of a two years program. The masters degrees covers the study of principles of accounting, economic theory, micro and macroeconomics, money and banking systems, knowledge about business, trade and its characteristics and policies involved thus focusing on commerce-, accounting-, management- and economics-related subjects.
The M. Com. course offers an opportunity for graduates to acquire theoretical as well as practical inputs in commerce. A Master’s graduate in commerce has the advantage of entering a career either in academics, research or, alternatively, in other professional areas of commerce and finance such as taxation, consultancy and financial services.
On the successful completion of the M.Com. Course, students will acquire strong subject-matter expertise in finance, financial instruments and markets. They will also develop advanced theoretical knowledge and research capabilities in their preparation for academic and research focused careers.
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) or its equivalent degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate OR at least 48% in the aggregate with 55% marks in the subject in which admission is required in post-graduation.
Poddar International College follows University of Rajasthan norms for admission & eligibility. All such rules related to admission are mentioned in college prospectus also.
Counseling by Experts: Subject experts and Head of Department of various departments provide counseling about course structure, contents, scope and other related details of the course to the candidate seeking admission & their parents.
Registration Form along with prospectus can be obtained from college campus on payment of the prescribed amount.
ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS
We also provide online admission facility. Provisional admission form can be filled by clicking on this link. After filling this form, registration fee can be paid by Demand Draft/ IMPS/ NEFT as per the bank & beneficiary details mentioned on the form.
- College provides limited hostel accommodation for girls and boys separately.
- Transportation facility is also available throughout the Jaipur city.
- Financial Assistance is also provided to the eligible candidates.
Students can apply for Government Scholarships as per rules of Government for SC, ST, OBC, SBC, Minority (with BPL card). Fees reimbursed as per rules of Govt. of Rajasthan. For details please click here
- 10th, 12th & graduation mark sheet- 2 photocopies each
- Graduation Mark sheets- 2 photocopies (for UOR graduates)
- Original Graduation Mark sheet (To be deposited only by other than UOR passed students)
- Original Migration Certificate (To be deposited only by other than UOR passed students)
- Original Transfer Certificate
- Original Character Certificate
- 5 latest colored passport sized photograph
- Caste Certificate Photocopy (if belongs to reserved category)
- Aadhaar Card photo copy
- All the students should have minimum 75% Attendance as per the University Regulation without which they may not be allowed to appear at the University Examination.
- Students are required to observe the discipline & decorum while attending college.
- There is a specific uniform for the students. They have to come to the college in proper uniform.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in and outside the campus. As per the Supreme Court and UGC Act 1956 on ragging act, any student found involved in ragging shall be liable for disciplinary action.
The syllabus is prescribed by the University of Rajasthan. It can be obtained by visiting the official website of the University. Click here to visit the website.
However, a course structure can be found below for a quick reference.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
|Year I (Previous)||Year II(Final)|
Paper I – Direct Taxes
Paper II – Advanced cost accounting
Paper III- Research Methodology and advanced business statistics
(One optional paper from the list of optional papers)
Cost analysis and cost control
Operations research and quantitative techniques
Strategic financial management
Information system and accounting
Cost and management audit
Paper I –Indirect taxes
Paper II – Advanced accountancy
Paper III- Management accounting and financial reporting
(Two optional paper from the list of optional papers)
Paper I – General Management
Paper II – Business Environment
Paper III- Managerial Economics and Management accountancy
Paper IV- History of management thought
Paper I – Human Resource Management
Paper II – Marketing Management
Optional Papers: Any three of the following
Management of public enterprises
Management of cooperative institutions
Industrial relations & social security
Business research methods
Human resource development
Paper I – Economic Analysis
Paper II – Financial Management & Control
Optional papers: ( Any two) Economic administration Group
India’s foreign trade
Optional paper (Any two) Financial Management Group:
Portfolio and investment management
Paper I – Economic administration & policy
Paper II – Cooperative sector management
Paper III- Indian Banking System
Optional papers ( Any two) Economic administration Group:
Economic environment in India
Optional paper (Any two) Financial Management Group:
Merchant banking and financial service